Sunday, February 1, 2009

First Lost Tooth

As we started to get ready for church, Emma shows me her loose tooth. I appropriately admire it, as she wonders what will happen if she loses it at church. Really loses it, as in, can't find it. I tell her not to worry about it, she probably won't lose it at church.

Fast forward two hours. I'm sitting in the back of Primary and I see Emma turn around with a round eyed toothless gaping mouth. She looks thrilled to have lost her tooth, but she lost her tooth. As in, can't find the missing tooth. How did that happen? It just came out!

The floor in Primary is littered with tiny pieces of chalk which are mistaken for the lost tooth. At one point I think I find the tooth, alas, it turned out to be a popcorn kernel. Emma's getting more and more distraught, so I decided to go to the bathroom and wash her hands, calm her down, and refocus the search efforts.

As soon as we returned to Primary, her teacher looks at Emma's sweater and see the errant tooth hanging by a thread. Baby teeth are much smaller when they fall out of the mouth. I quickly found an empty snack bag in my purse and have Emma secure her treasure before it gets lost again.

Later in the day Emma asked if we could drive to Denver to get a tooth pillow that she wanted to get. No, I didn't drive to Denver to get the tooth pillow. I caved and used my very meager sewing skills to fashion something that resembled a pillow that a tooth might like to sit in.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Way to sew! I mean, go!
What's the going rate for teeth in Colorado?

Suzanne said...

A dollar a tooth. We haven't lost too many teeth in our house. Considering Emma is 7+, she is well on the road to; "Toothfairy?! Santa Claus?!"