Saturday, January 31, 2009

Car Trouble

Ordinarily I don't think about my car. I get in, I drive. It's when things go bad that I get grateful for what I had or I cruse the problem that arises. As with most things, things that go bad happen in threes.

1. Thursday morning I was rushing out the door trying to be on time for carpool pickup to get to school. In some hurried state, I managed to flip a switch and my "automatic sliding doors" were no longer automatic. In a panic I thought that maybe a fuse went out and I figured that I would stop at the dealership after I dropped off the kids. Well, it was almost comical to watch me manually open the doors for the kids to get out at school. It was reminiscent of my childhood and yelling "All clear?" just to ensure that no fingers were harmed in the closing of the sliding door.

As soon as I parked at the dealership, I said a quick prayer that the car would work again. I was prompted to look at the switch the controls the doors and realized that I had inadvertently turned it off. Silly of me, but I think God needed a laugh at my expense.

2. Later that morning... I was driving on a country road and a rock hit my windshield and chipped it. The weird thing was I wasn't driving behind a car when it happened. The only other car on the road was about 25 feet in front of me on the other side of the road. How does that happen?

3. Friday morning. When I got in the car to leave, my battery was dead. Michael was still home and was able to jump start the van. That entailed backing his truck onto the street, rolling the van down the driveway so that the jumper cables would reach. In the midst of buttons being turned on and off, the door lights got left on overnight.

Maybe my car is trying to tell me something, just not sure what that is. I think that Jack might clean it and I'll try and give it a little extra love as I'm running around this weekend. Wouldn't want my car to get cranky and start doing these things on a regular basis.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Your car is definitely trying to tell you something...I wouldn't drive alone on a dark deserted road if I were you.

Mad Runner said...

TLC works with my computer too. When I ignore it for too long is shutters and collapses. Then I dust, purge and defrag. All is well again (for a while) Tell Jack to use baby wipes on the seats (my car likes that). TeeHee!