Saturday, January 10, 2009

Busy Lazy day

Lots of things to get done, but I'm taking my sweet time doing them today. So far we're up to three loads of laundry, should I make a push to get to the bottom of the baskets? Perhaps one more for the day.

Craigslist worked out well today. I was able to sell a tv stand that I intended to sell months ago but had no takers. Michael was very busy listing stuff on ebay and Craigslist as well. Nothing like having stuff lying around to make us motivated to try and sell it. Jack nearly got listed because he was sitting in front of the computer for a long time today.

I am making a pork loin for dinner and because it's not my families favorite dinner I went ahead and made cinnamon rolls for dessert. I need some expert advice. How do I make them with the ooey gooey center? Mine turned out "fine", but they were a little on the anemic side for the bread/sugar ratio. I suppose it was a good thing that they aren't as tempting without the filling dripping out.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

I love pork loin...and cinnamon rolls? I want one.

Steve and I just got home from the temple...we picked up one Little Caesar's pepperoni pizza, augmented that with leftover tortilla soup (your recipe) and I just sneaked one of Steve's chocolate mints for dessert.

m_perfect said...

Sorry I didn't get back yesterday. I could have asked how you are cooking your pork loin ( we're having that today and I have a very little clue).
I put a LOT of softened ( not melted) butter ( 1-2 cubes), tons of brown sugar( spread and packed so you can't see the dough) and a healthy sprinkling of cinnamon on the dough before I wrap them up and then I put a goodly dose of icing on them once baked. They are plenty gooey let me tell you!

Keira said...

I'm no good at oooey-gooey. Or cinnamon rolls either, come to that.

Way to post stuff. Maybe that'll be my "non-coasting" thing next week.