Saturday, January 17, 2009

7 Minutes

I knew there was something in the back of my head that I needed to remember. Against my better judgment, I agreed to let Jack have a sleepover last night. When the phone rang at 7:45, I remembered why I didn't want to have a sleepover. Jack had a scout activity this morning and I have remembered all week...until this morning. Luckily they called and asked if he was coming. I said yes, we'll be there in 7 minutes. It takes 5 minutes to get there.

Jack was dressed in under a minute flat. I threw snacks in a backpack and remembered to grab a water bottle. Emma, Lily, and myself wore our pjs. Jack's friend looked at us like our heads were spinning. No time for head spinning, I needed to get Jack to his activity.

We made it in 7 minutes. If only we could get ready for school so quickly. I now have several hours with just the girls. You can do anything with two, right?!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who forgets stuff like that. I have to have everything on the calendar, or it won't happen.

Your post title sounds like the title of a movie. An action/adventure/thriller at that.

AM Runner CA said...

Two weeks ago I totally spaced a playdate I had set up with the mom - not the kids. Lauren and I were totally doing nothing and I still forgot. The apology was long and involved dumping me as a friend. There are those moments!!

You can totally do anything with 2!

I have to go do something with 36 now.... YIKES!