Saturday, January 3, 2009

Winter Break

I feel like I've been fairly patient..haha, others might disagree, with my children this school break. I have gone past patient and straight to crazy mom. I am soooo done with everyone being at home all the time. Did I mention that I need to see if there is an opening at a preschool that I heard about?

As sad as Michael is to be done with vacation, I'm as happy that the kids are headed back to school. I know that there is that other can of worms, you know...homework, that is not fun to open but a necessary compliment to the benefits of school.

I can tell the kids need a break from each other. It was so nice at the beginning of break when they woke up and headed downstairs for breakfast. It was even cute when they started waking each other up in anticipation of Christmas morning. After Christmas it became a race to see who could wake each other up using the loudest toy or turning on the tv to some awful cartoon. Is this too much information? Am I starting to sound *slightly* annoyed with my children?

4 comments:

Debbie said...

I sort of have the opposite feeling - but that's because when school starts I will have to be busy all the time - and finals are looming.

I do remember when I got to send all of the kids off to school...ahh, those were the days.

Frankie/mom said...

You sound like a 'normal mom', Suz! I always had that 'push-me, pull-me' dilemma too. So grateful for public schools (as opposed to home-schooling), but then again, that meant dad had to go back to work too!!! But yes, if you looked in the rear-view mirror on your way to school on that first morning back, you would've seen me doing that back flip & me yelling "Yippee, the kids are back in school" Cheer!

AM Runner CA said...

I am relishing the final few hours until school begins again. I'm with you on this one!

I am not relishing the fact that we have the 1 pm start for church though. Our ward didn't get it because (and I quote) "..the Dry Creek Ward has really been looking forward to 9 am again..". Whatever!!!

Hey, totally off the subject but I need your yellowish paint color - name, base and place of purchase. Jim's gone next week and I feel a paint bug coming on.

Keira said...

I'm looking forward to them being gone but not to the "schedule". Babies and schoolchildren have two different agendas and mom lives in God's little acre: East of the rock and West of the hard place.