Friday, January 30, 2009

100 Days of School

Today was the 100th day of school. Emma's shirt says it all.

Before school, Emma came bouncing down the stairs already dressed for school. That was a little unusual, but it was dress of choice day and I figured that she was excited to pick out her clothes. Her initial outfit consisted of the green shirt as the bottom layer followed by another t-shirt and a sweater covering them. She was also wearing a long brown shirt scrunched at her waist layered over her jean skirt. To really pull this off she needed mismatched leg warmed, alas she does not own leg warmers.

I did have her take off the brown shirt, but I was ok with the rest of the outfit. I didn't realize what the green shirt had on it.

After school, Emma is holding her lunch bag in front of her covering her shirt. She very quietly says, "Mom, I have to tell you something." I immediately think, "What did she do?!" Emma continues by lowering her lunch bag and shows me her shirt.

I was a little confused, thinking that maybe she did it at school. Nope, she had planned out the whole thing the night before. I was honestly too relieved that she hadn't misbehaved in school to care about the shirt. Emma and I had a talked about how we treat clothes and sneaking. I'm not sure it was a very effective talk considering I had to keep turning around and laughing.

5 comments:

Debbie said...

that is flipping hilarious

Mad Runner said...

Okay, that is really funny! May I suggest you invest in some of the Michaels cheap t-shirts for future coloring/painting adventures? Or even better check GW or Craigs List! I love Emma! We so need her here this summer!

Keira said...

I am dying right now. Hilarious.

m_perfect said...

Obviously for an event to be an event you need to be dressed appropriately...hurrah for Emma!

AJsGirls said...

I would be glad that she did not draw those circles a few inches higher.