Monday, January 5, 2009

Viva la Revolution


















I swear yesterday someone said that they needed to work on their New Year's Revolutions. That is one way to conquer the New Year. I'd like to say that I'm working on my resolutions, but today is officially the beginning of the New Year for me. I am using the excuse that the kids did not start back to school until today and I wasn't going to test my limits while the kids were still on break.

Michael's idea of "going 'round the horn"is starting to sound pretty good. Since it's already past the start of the year it's too late to start making resolutions. Better wait until next year.

Nah, I have too much of Dad in me to not make resolutions. I suppose I'll stew on them for a while and wrap my head around what I'd like to accomplish this year. Throw some ideas at me, hopefully not the reject ones from last year.

4 comments:

John Saunders said...

Hello Green. There's an excellent
version of "Green Eggs And Ham"
in Spanish: "Huevos Verdes Con
Jamon". Very well done. Viva
La Revolucion. One of my
"revoluciones" for 2009 is
to slim down a bit. Also
teach two evenings per week,
and volunteer two mornings a
week at an elementary school
where the kids speak Spanish.
Tu amigo revolucionoario,
Juan Sanchez

Debbie said...

My, my, my.

Here's my take on the resolutions: always give yourself at least 2 that are pretty much guaranteed - like keeping up with your blog, writing your nephew Andrew once a month...stuff like that.

m_perfect said...

Revolutions are a Hanna necessity, aren't they?! I asked Wynn if he were making any and he said"no". I was shocked! I definitely make them even if failure is guaranteed. I resolve to go to the temple at least 40 times this year ( I am hoping for more, but being a little realistic).
I also would like to work on being gracious ( I gave up on charming). I like that it's actual definition is vague enough to possibly make this one doable ;)

Keira said...

No Coasting!

Pithy and looks great as a slogan on an inspirational poster.