Saturday, January 24, 2009

A Night Out

I had talked to the mom of our usual babysitter earlier in the week and semi confirmed a night to have her come and babysit. In my head...I thought that I would call and confirm and then surprise Michael. Well, I forgot to do both.

Come Friday afternoon, I had a moment of clarity and remembered the date. I had already emailed a friend to let her know that I would come do a girl's night at her house. Why is it that things seem to happen at the same time? Girl's night out or date with hubby?!!!

Michael and I ended up going to a nice place for dinner and enjoying the evening to ourselves.

Note to self; go get a new calendar!!!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I would call you a space cadet, but since I totally spaced taking some people to the airport shuttle on Thursday, I don't think I have room to be calling anyone any names...

AM Runner CA said...

I fall back on "Children suck the life out of you." and then it takes years, if ever, to get those brain cells back!

Jim makes fun of my lists, calendars (no, not just one!) and constant 'notes to self'. When is it that you go from young-and-independent-minded when you forget something to Alheimer's?