Thursday, January 29, 2009

Grounded

A week ago Jack got grounded. It involved homework and something about him "not minding being grounded" when he decided he'd rather get a D on an assignment than do it. When he thought that being grounded was better than doing homework, I knew that I had to be serious when I explained how being grounded was going to work.

Instead of one week of grounding, it turned to two. No friends, no video games, no computer, no tv (I have been letting him watch all the princess movies that the girls have watched), no Legos.

It might have been the Legos that sent him over the edge, but he decided that being grounded wasn't such a good alternative after all.

As for me? Well, him being grounded essentially means that I'm grounded as well, right? Actually it hasn't been as bad as I thought. I've enjoyed not having to drive to playdates, listen to "Can I watch...whatever tv show?" We have another week to go, hopefully my sanity will remain in tact.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

good luck with that.

Mad Runner said...

The punishment that punishes us. I hate that. Good luck and stay firm! And remember to call whenever you feel weak!