Tuesday, January 13, 2009

An Off Day

So last night I started to feel that "I'm getting sick" feeling. I felt fine all day then, wham! it hits me. I'm going to blame this on Keira. Not exactly sure how germs can carry through phone lines, but I'm sure that she's to blame.

After a miserable night's sleep, I can tell that it's offically a sick day for me. I took the kids to school in my pjs came home and did nothing on the couch. At about 9:45 there was a knock on the door. I'm still in my pjs. My visiting teachers are at the door holding a plate of cookies. I had remembered on Monday that they were coming, but it had completely slipped my mind come Tuesday morning.

Who was I to turn away a plate of cookies? I let them in amidst compliments on my sock monkey pjs. I was a tad embarressed, but I was just sick enough to not care. When they left I managed to hit the shower, just in case anyone else showed up at my door.

Michael volunteered to pick up the kids from school. I was extrememly grateful I didn't have to brave to masses to get Jack and Emma from school. I was on the verge of thinking that I might have to to the "drive thru" pick up. Thankfully it didn't come to that.

While on my deathbed...er, sick couch I watched The Bachelor and the Bobby-Soxer. An oldie but a goodie. I need a few more Cary Grant movies to make my recovery complete.

4 comments:

Rae said...

I love that movie, and usually anything with Cary Grant in it. I seem to always have someone stop by my home on my PJ days, but never on the I'm looking great days. Figures!

Keira said...

Oooooh. I love that movie.

I do feel better today. It's a "paler shade of crap" as Nathan might say.

Keira said...

Also: I LOVE your new picture.

Debbie said...

Being the mom of older kids I have the dubious honor of drop-ins at any time...some don't even knock (they have permission).