Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentine's Day

How did Valentine's Day fall on Friday the 13th?! It's a little funny that it happened this way this year.

The kids are "just" a little excited for all the festivities at school. Jack had a lot of help putting together little treat bags for his class. Emma was very independent and just needed paper, tape, and pixie stix to make her Valentine's. They were not her best effort, but she had to make 25 cards and about halfway through she decided to make the process a lot more streamlined. I should have taken a picture, but I get a little irritated that she wasn't making them all the same. I had to take a huge step back and let her do her own thing.

Because I am the Room Mom for Jack's class, I went to school in the afternoon to help set up for his party. The kids passed out their Valentine's and watched Alice in Wonderland. Not the Disney version. Lily got to watch the movie with Jack's class, she loved being able to sit with Jack and eat all the candy the other kids were giving her.

After school, I had a huge headache. I think that I was on a contact sugar high for the rest of the day just inhaling all the sugar in the air.

No comments: