Saturday, February 14, 2009

Hearts

Today is the actual Valentine's and we invited friends over for cards and pizza. We're "re"learning how to play Hearts. I haven't played Hearts in a while, but it should be a fun night.

The good thing about having people over is how clean my house gets. Admittedly my house has been sub par and I needed a kick in the pants to really clean it. I also needed to get moving on the painting as well. I already had the tape up, I just needed to get the paint on the wall. I figured with eight kids under 10 the chances of the tape being left alone were slim to none. I really hate taping at this point and the thought of having to re-tape...I wasn't going to let that happen.

I started painting last night and actually ran out of paint. I started out with a five gallon container (after Thanksgiving) and have continued painting since. I still have white walls, but I'm getting closer to having the bulk of the house painted.


So the Hearts Card Tournament went well. With 8 kids, the house got a bit loud but we didn't care. We were pretty impressed with how well the night went with as little parent supervision. The toys were strewn from end to end upstairs, which says that the kids were entertained. It only took 45 minutes to clean up and since I was supervising, I was able to go through the toys and reorganize.

Pizza, cards, and a clean house?! That was a great Valentine's Day.

No comments: