Friday, February 27, 2009

Laugh 'til It Hurts

Last night I went out with a group of women to dinner at Applebee's. Not my favorite restaurant, but for the sake of a "Girl's Night Out" I was willing to sacrifice culinary excellence. Michael knew I desperately needed to get out and got home from work in plenty of time.

There were seven women that showed up. I know most of them, but it's not like we hang out and chit chat when we normally see each other. We ended up sitting in the restaurant for 3+ hours. We didn't close the place, there was one other table that was still there when we left. At one point my cheeks started hurting because we were laughing so much. That's a good kind of problem to have.

I used to have a set night each month that I would go and scrapbook at a friend's house. I haven't found that group here, but it might motivate me to start one up. Babysteps.

7 comments:

Debbie said...

Sounds like fun...why wan't I invited?

Frankie/mom said...

You NEVER outgrow the need to have some 'chick time' with friends. May I encourage all of you to make the time. Girlfriends can make the difference in our lives & sure do make the cheek muscles ache in pure delight!

Kim said...

I love my girlfriends for that very reason and that laughter always recharges me. I miss those scrapbook nights (and you too).

Jo said...

Totally miss you too! You were always good for a good laugh! heheh

AM Runner CA said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
m_perfect said...

We went out with my old college friend and her husband last night...
ha ha, hee hee, ouch!

AJsGirls said...

I love girls nights like those...and I think the food at Applebees is not so hot! They closed ours!