Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Shoes

I love shoes. I've been far too practical and haven't bought myself shoes in quite a while. Instead I've succumbed to the call of the shoes by buying shoes for Emma and Lily. I suspect that I may be passing on this love for shoes, is that so wrong?
Emma tends to love her shoes to death. She will wear the "Sunday" shoes to play outside and tragically the shoes are no longer fit to be worn on Sundays. These are her new fancy shoes, she calls them her high heels. Any guesses on how long they will remain shiny?
I suspect that Lily just needs one good pair of shoes and she could live in them. I have bought her several pairs of shoes since Summer, but she hasn't worn them(unless I force her to wear boots in the snow). Once I get them out of the store, they suddenly become the wrong size and hurt her feet. She has been wearing her pink Crocs EVERYWHERE. I draw the line at her wearing them in the snow, and since there hasn't been much snow I've been letting her wear them.
(This was in Central Park last Summer)

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Ooh shiny shoes.

I give them 2 wearings and the shine will be gone.

m_perfect said...

I know their have got to be a lot of "recipes" for keeping "fancy" shoes shiny ( Vaseline, fingernail polish remover? or is that for white shoes?, ETC.)but eventually the shine literally bites the dust and you just have to go out and get new ones! I do have a ( get this) 29 year old pair of patent leather shoes but, like Lily, I found that they don't always fit so that's why the shine stays...