Thursday, February 5, 2009

A Series of Unfortunate Events

I remembered last night that Jack didn't have any clean pants for school today. Yes, I already had him wear a pair two days this week. I rationalized that I wake up early enough to throw a load in and get it done before school.

Well, it was early, 6:15, when I stumbled out of bed and grabbed some clothes from my closet to throw in the wash. I already had clothes in my arm when I went to Jack's room to pull a pair of pants out of Jack's closet. Went downstairs, threw the clothes in the washer, and walked away. Set it and forget it, right?

Fast forward 35 minutes later. The washer is done and I'm pulling clothes out to transfer to the dryer. I keep pulling out clothes that aren't Jack's pants. Where did Jack's pants go?! I went back upstairs to check and there are the pants lying on the floor. Oh carp.

This is the downside to wearing uniforms. I generally like that the kids wear uniforms, but when I don't plan ahead...well, this morning happens.

**Update** I pulled the clothes out of the dryer after I dropped the kids off at school and what do I see?! Jack's pants hiding amongst the other khaki pants. Doh.

5 comments:

Debbie said...

Yesterday was washing day here - but all of the clean clothes are on top of the washer...today I will fling them into piles and have the boys do the folding.

Keira said...

I think the title of the post should have been "Carp Happens..."

Suzanne said...

Carpe Diem...

Pam said...

I don't like you using carp as a swear word! What do you have against carp? ha ha

Jo said...

Nice save, Suzanne... Carpe Diem... yeah, right...hahahaha! Anyway, about the pants situation, I too, have been known to pull pants out of the dirty clothes to wear again due to the lack of planning. And as far as I'm concerned it is perfectly acceptable!