Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Ahhh-Chooo

I'm afraid that we have found out that Spring time in Colorado is bringing out the allergies in all of us. Or we have a nasty cold that we keep sharing.

Jack reached his breaking point this morning and I kept him home from school. I'm sure that I could have slipped him some Tylenol and sent him on his merry way to school, but he needed a day off. When Emma found out Jack was staying home, she was upset that he got to stay home from school. She said; "That's not fair!" Jack responded; "Umm, I'm sick." I loved the sense of injustice that Emma felt and that Jack was so prosaic with his response. I think Emma was more upset that Jack was going to be able to have uninterrupted computer time while she was at school. The kids have been playing Zoo Tycoon and she didn't want Jack to mess up her zoo. Ahh, the inner workings of a six year old.
Lily is asleep on the couch right now. She has mostly given up naps, so the fact that she's asleep speaks volumes. After I dropped Emma off at school, I swung by the library to let Lily and Jack check out some movies while they lounged on the couch this afternoon. Luckily, Lily was tired enough to fall asleep next to Jack while watching SpyKids.

Hopefully, everyone will be feeling better tomorrow. Sick kids throw off my groove.

6 comments:

Debbie said...

Bless you.

I hate it when my groove is off. Hope everyone is feeling better soon.

Keira said...

Tylenol is the best invention ever. Keep trucking, man.

Mad Runner said...

Monkey pants, monkey pants, monkey pants ... just fun to say and puts a grin over my chin!

Jo said...

I experienced allergies for the first time last summer while visiting family in Utah and you really do feel sick. I can't believe how big Lily has gotten. What a cutie!!

Rae said...

Yes, we also found that living in California, we had no allergies, except to animals. But born and raised in Utah, we always had them, different kinds in spring, summer and fall. And to our disappointment, when we moved back to Utah, they started up again. Oooh, we miss Cali.
-RaeAnne Koch

Suzanne said...

I thought that I didn't have allergies, but when a "cold" last for longer then a week, it time to start taking allergy meds. My new friend is Claritin.