Thursday, April 3, 2008

Day 4-Spring Break

We braved the fourth day of Spring Break and went swimming this morning. I've been promising swimming to the kids most the week and I needed to wear them out today. Problem solved.

It's been a better day than yesterday..I've just had to keep moving. If I stop, the kids will smell the calm in the air and feel the need to create chaos. I also took the kids to the library and let them check out movies and books. That's always a good activity to keep the kids entertained.

My day just got even better, Lily fell asleep on the couch.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

I've just had an epiphany.

Maybe the reason Mom and Dad took us swimming so much as kids was to wear us out! It goes hand in hand with bean picking as a way to get kids out of the house for weeks during summer vacation.

Keira said...

You have the coolest rec center. I may love, love my street and pirate park but you have me beat when the foul winds blow.

Suzanne said...

We're doing a "Family Home Evening" enrichment next week. I was thinking about all the swim nights we had. I absolutely think that the parents were BRILLIANT by taking us swimming.

It was less than $5 to take our family, and we were pleased as punch to go. I also think they took advantage of the showers/water that it might have saved them.

Debbie said...

Mom and Dad used to buy an annual pass when I was going. It cost something like $35 a year/family. A great value, especially when you consider the showers.