Saturday, April 12, 2008

Saturday Morning Cartoons

Saturday mornings are the best. I feel like I've competed in a marathon all week and this morning is my reward for completing it. I even went and got donuts for breakfast. Don't tell me this isn't going to backfire on me the rest of the day.

For now, my kids are vegging out on cartoons. Most cartoons are acceptable for the entertainment factor. Luckily our tv stations are severely limited right now and the kids like the PBS cartoons. There are better cartoons than others. For example I don't like Barney, Boohbah, and Caillou. However, I can sit down and watch George Shrinks, Curious George, and Clifford the Bog Red Dog with almost no problems.

So, what are your favorite cartoons? New or old? Video or paper?

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Favorite vintage cartoon: hands down fav - Roadrunner.

Favorite current cartoon: Kim Possible.

Favorite comic strip: Hmmm. It used to be Calvin and Hobbes, but they aren't running. I loved "The Far Side", but they aren't running...

I do like a good "Pickles","Dilbert","9Chickweed Lane", "Red and Rover", "Mother Goose and Grimm", "Pearls Before Swine", "Stone Soup"....

Okay, the first step is to admit you have a problem. I do like my morning "funnies".

Keira said...

Caillou--I hate that French Canadian.

My favorite shows were Gem and the Holograms, ThunderCats, and He-Man and the Masters of the Universe (I loved that one).

Mad Runner said...

Favorite vintage: Roadrunner and Pink Panther. My kids love both too - it's good to pass along a certain attitude about cartoons.

Current Favorite: Kim Possible - she reminds me of Deanie Johnson, cute, does everything well, but isn't a snob about it.

Comic Strip: "Calvin and Hobbes" - we have 4 or 5 dare I admit books.

And Deb, I wouldn't call it a problem, really. I call it attitude adjustment - a good laugh goes a long way in my day!

Debbie said...

Our family has the "Complete Calvin & Hobbes" (Nathan gave it to me for a birthday present) AND the "Complete Farside" (we gave it to Nathan for Christmas).