Saturday, April 26, 2008

Emma and the Opera

Michael had heard about a Cinderella play in Boulder for the kids. It sounded interesting, free, and like an activity that the girl's would enjoy.

Boulder has an auditorium in their library and Cinderella turned out to be an opera. I'm not a fan of opera, but I can enjoy an opera for kids. During the program, Emma would lean over and ask if I had a piece of paper. I think that she wanted to stay after and get autographs. They also had several actors playing multiple roles, she would lean over and say; "Who's he again?!"

Lily clung to my neck when the singing got too loud and clapped whenever the audience clapped. I think she liked it, but she was scared of one of the actors.

Hopefully we can remember to go to the Summer Series of concerts.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. Did Jack like it?

Suzanne said...

I didn't take Jack. He not a big fan of singing and loud noises...he chose to stay home.

Debbie said...

Probably a wise move. I too have learned that to take a child somewhwere that he doesn't want to go is a good way for everyone to end of miserable.

Taking Andrew to the Kennedy Space Center jumps right to mind.

Keira said...

That sounds like so much fun!